Comco is an industrial control systems integrator and manufacturing company with 30+ years of experience in various industrial sectors, while focusing on industrial agriculture. We work with various OEM control systems and develop our own proprietary automation software and hardware technology. We have large and small projects in various parts of Canada and the US and have created a positive and dynamic culture that promotes skill development and career growth.
We are currently looking for a skilled and dedicated individual to contribute to the design, implementation, and support of industrial control programs specific to customer and project requirements involving PLCs, HMIs, and control networks.
- Develop real-time control system software for automated systems.
- Develop human machine interfaces (HMI) using commercially available industrial products, custom GUIs, or other Development Environments.
- Work with mechanical and electrical designers to ensure the control system will meet performance, reliability, and functionality requirements.
- Develop functional requirement documents to capture specific project and process control system requirements prior to software development.
- Program PLCs as per functional requirements documents.
- Debug and commission PLC and HMI programs in a test environment during systems integration stage and then on the customers site during installation.
- Help with troubleshooting and solving electrical issues on site during commissioning.
- Work with other team members to continuously improve methods of integrating controls technology to enhance safety and functionality and reduce cost.
- Work with customers, project managers, designers, and electricians to solve problems.
- Provide accurate documentation and customer training specific to current projects.
- Participate in a rotation to provide 24/7 customer support.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Technical qualification in engineering, engineering technology or an electrical/electronic/ instrumentation related trade.
- PLC, HMI, Industrial Automation technical, vendor, and/or industry certifications.
- Minimum (3) years experience in programming PLCs and HMIs in integrated automation systems for industrial environments.
- Familiarity with industrial manufacturing and mechanical processes.
- Detailed knowledge of PLC and HMI automation software, e.g., Allen-Bradley, Rockwell, Schneider, Ignition, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of software design principals and PLC coding languages.
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting of electrical equipment, including VFDs, intelligent motor overload relays and instrumentation.
- Experience in PLC I/O signal wiring principles and troubleshooting.
- Strong computer skills in the use of standard Office based programs, such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Experience reading/interpreting wiring schematics
- Valid Passport and Ability to travel when required.
- Experience in the industrial agriculture sector, including grain and feed industries will be considered an asset.
Skills and Traits:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Energetic and Highly Productive
- Precise and Professional
- Focused, with a Positive Attitude
- Self-motivated, with a desire for continuous improvement
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressure
- Ability to learn standards from existing programs
- Good customer relation skills