Comco specializes in industrial automation, CSA panel manufacturing, electrical engineering, and custom products for the ag and feed industries. We have over 30 years of experience in various industries, while focusing on the industrial agriculture sector. We have large and small projects in various parts of Canada and the US. Comco has created a positive and dynamic culture that promotes skill development and career growth. We are looking for a Mechanical Design Technologist that is a team player with a safety, quality, and value focus to join our team in Saskatoon.
The successful candidate will be responsible for mechanical design and drawings of custom products for the feed and ag industry, assembly of mechanical products, and commissioning/installation in the field. The successful candidate will report to and work under the supervision and mentorship of the senior mechanical design lead.
Primary Job Tasks
• Design and drafting in 2D & 3D AutoCAD / Solidworks.
• Complying to, and helping to continuously improve company design workflows, processes, and procedures, including participation in, and performing design checks and reviews.
• Site trips, to investigate mechanical system requirements and on-site commissioning.
• Size pumps, tanks, flow meters, and other items for proper system performance.
• Select and source suitable and cost-effective CSA certified hardware components and perform equipment testing and reports.
• Assist in building and manufacturing of industrial products.
Experience, Qualifications and Other Requirements
• Mechanical technologist qualification from a recognized educational institution.
• Working experience as a mechanical designer will be beneficial, but not essential.
• Competent in the understanding and the application of CSA standards and other applicable regulations, codes, and standards
• Proficiency in the use of AutoCAD and Autodesk 2D/3D as well as Solidworks and Visio.
• Hands on building experience.